TPCH and SAGA are collaborating to improve housing services in Tucson for TGNC people.
Individuals with lived experience who identify as TGNC and have or are experiencing homelessness are needed to participate in 90-minute focus groups. Groups will consist of 5 participants and 2 moderators. Participants will receive $75 compensation for their time and expertise.
Questions that will be asked are:
- What led to your experience(s) of homelessness and what resources could have prevented you from becoming homeless?
- Has anyone chosen to not stay at a shelter, and if so, can you share why? If you do not prefer to find temporary sleeping arrangements in a shelter, where else do you prefer, and can you share why?
- What would your ideal system be to address homelessness?
- Did you feel safe while staying in shelter or housing programs? What made your experience safe or unsafe?
- Were you respected and affirmed in shelter and housing programs? What made you feel this way? What could the program have done better?
- When you’re considering whether a resource or service is safe and affirming for you, what do you look for?
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via email at Info@SAGATucson.org; via call/text at (520) 345-4128; or dm us on Facebook or Instagram. You may also sign up here http://bit.ly/TransHousingFG.