A new presidential administration that is supportive of trans rights provides opportunities to make further progress on addressing discrimination and violence against trans people. Join a panel discussion of how trans leaders are hoping to make gains during the Biden administration.
This free event is being held to mark the publication of The SAGE Encyclopedia of Trans Studies, edited by Abbie Goldberg and Genny Beemyn. The panelists are all contributors to the work, and attendees will be given free access to their entries.
Trans Rights Priorities for the Biden Administration
Monday, March 29, 4-5:30 ET/1-2:30 PT
Free, but registration required at https://tinyurl.com/transmvmt
Sponsored by the UMass Stonewall Center and Clark University’s Women’s and Gender Studies Program. Co-sponsored by UMass Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies and the Five College Queer, Trans, and Sexuality Studies Certificate.
- Kylar Broadus, Founder and Director, Trans People of Color Coalition
- Sasha Buchert, Senior Attorney, Lambda Legal
- Kris Hayashi, Executive Director, Transgender Law Center
- Mara Keisling, Executive Director, National Center for Transgender Equality
- Shannon Minter, Legal Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Moderated by Genny Beemyn, Director, UMass Stonewall Center